If you are an international student from a non-EU country, you will need to apply for a visa to study English in Ireland.
Ireland is home to many fantastic language schools who offer a wide variety of English courses. If you want to study in Ireland, get in touch with SI-English today. We can guarantee you an offer from an English school in Ireland with our 100% Free Service.
How to apply for a student visa in Ireland
You must apply for your visa via AVATS, Ireland’s online application portal. Documentation and steps required include:
- Completing the application form
- Checking the Irish Embassy where your documentation is to be sent
- Valid passport for at least 12 months
- Passport photo
- Pay the application fee
- Provide a signed letter of application which explains why you require the visa
- A Letter of Acceptance from the school to which you are applying including details on:
- Title of the course
- Amount of fees payable for your course, and that it has been paid
- Details of medical insurance
- Evidence you have sufficient funds to cover living expenses and tuition fees
How much does it cost to live in Ireland for one year?
The estimated cost of living in Ireland for a student for one academic year is €7,000 and you must demonstrate that either you or your sponsor can cover this amount for each year of study.
What are the conditions of your Irish study visa?
- The maximum time you can stay in Ireland on your language study visa is three years
- When applying, you must be able to show a Letter of Acceptance from the English school, showing you are enrolled on a full-time course which involves a minimum of 15-hours organised daytime learning
- Proof that fees have been paid to the school
- You have access to €3,000 at first registration, in addition to your tuition fees
- You have medical insurance